crown CU Home > Libraries Home
Columbia University Libraries Archival CollectionsColumbia University Archives Collections
 

   Records of the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants, 1958-1966

Download and Print CitationContact Bookmark Share

Preferred Citation

Records of the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants, 1958-1966. Columbia University Archives-Columbiana Library.

COinS Metadata available (e.g., for Zotero).

Summary Information

Abstract

This collection consists of correspondence, translated letters, memoranda, and reports related to Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants activities, an organization that facilitated the exchange of students and scholars between American universities and the Soviet Union.

At a Glance

Call No.:UA#0178
Bib ID:4080191 View CLIO record
Creator(s):Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants.
Title:Records of the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants, 1958-1966
Physical description:0.5 cubic feet (1 ms box)
Language(s):In English
Access: No restrictions.  More information »

Arrangement

Arrangement

Collection is organized in one series

Return to top

Description

Scope and Content

This collection consists of correspondence, translated letters, memoranda, and reports related to IUCTG activities.

Return to top

Using the Collection

Access Restrictions

No restrictions.

Preferred Citation

Records of the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants, 1958-1966. Columbia University Archives-Columbiana Library.

Return to top

About the Finding Aid / Processing Information

Columbia University Archives; machine readable finding aid created by Columbia University Libraries Digital Library Program Division

Return to top

Subject Headings

The subject headings listed below are found in this collection. Links below allow searches at Columbia University through the Archival Collections Portal and through CLIO, the catalog for Columbia University Libraries, as well as ArchiveGRID, a catalog that allows users to search the holdings of multiple research libraries and archives.

All links open new windows.

Genre/Form

HeadingCUL Archives:
Portal
CUL Collections:
CLIO
Nat'l / Int'l Archives:
ArchiveGRID
Agendas.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Annual reports.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Articles.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Correspondence.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Memoranda.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Minutes.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Press releases.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Reports.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID

Subjects

HeadingCUL Archives:
Portal
CUL Collections:
CLIO
Nat'l / Int'l Archives:
ArchiveGRID
Averell Harriman Institute for Advanced Study of the Soviet Union.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Columbia College (Columbia University)PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Columbia University.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Columbia University.--Office of the President.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Dallin, Alexander, 1924-2000.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Dickinson College.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Moseley, Philip.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Presbyterian Church in America.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Shulman, Marshall Darrow.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Viederman, Stephen.PortalCLIOArchiveGRID
Wallace, Schuyler C. (Schuyler Crawford), 1898-PortalCLIOArchiveGRID

Return to top

History / Biographical Note

Historical Notes

This collection contains documents of the Inter-University Committee on Travel Grants (IUCTG), an organization founded in 1955 to facilitate the exchange of students and scholars between American universities and the Soviet Union. When the first inter-university exchanges were established in 1958, the American universities decided they wanted the program to be run by the universities and since faculty at Columbia played an integral role in the creation of this program, Columbia became home to the administrative offices of the IUCTG. Among the notable individuals involved were Schyler Wallace, Phillip Mosely, Marshall Shulman and other leading figures at Columbia's Russian Institute. In 1960, the administrative offices of the IUCTG were moved to Indiana University in 1960, where they remained until the organization was dissolved into the International Research and Exchanges Board in 1969.

Return to top