crown CU Home > Libraries Home
Columbia University Libraries Archival CollectionsColumbia University Archives Collections
 

   School of Mines Records 1863-1985 [Bulk Dates: 1864-1965]

Download and Print CitationContact Bookmark Share

Preferred Citation

Identification of specific item; Date (if known); School of Mines Records; Box and Folder; University Archives, Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Columbia University Library.

COinS Metadata available (e.g., for Zotero).
Submit a request for access to the archival material.
All users will need to register the first time they make a request.
Columbia-affiliated users may login with their uni and password.
Unaffiliated users may create a new account.

Series IV: Building and Grounds, 1881-1961

Fundraising materials and design publications; invitations to and programs for announcement and preview dinners; press releases; news articles and clippings; maps; copies of photographs and artist's building conceptions; reports; and newsletters all concerning the new Engineering Center comprise the bulk of the series. Original photographs, which include President Dwight D. Eisenhower, then-president of Columbia University, and Dean James Kip Finch, are located in the Subject Photo files. Also included in this series are 49th Street building analysis correspondence; announcements and fundraising correspondence related to the move to Morningside Heights; and two photograph-and-blueprint books of proposed new laboratories building for the School of Engineering at 134th Street and Riverside Drive.

Engineering Center
General, 1949-1952,
1959,
1961

Box 7
Folder 11
Announcement Dinner,
1951
Box 7
Folder 12
"Engineering Education and the Business Dollar," circa
1951

Box 8
Folder 1
Fundraising Materials, 1950-1951
Box 8
Folder 2
Department Design Booklets, circa
1950
Box 8
Folder 3
"The Heat and Mass Flow Analyzer," circa
1950s
Box 8
Folder 4
"The New Engineering Center,"
1950
Box 8
Folder 5
Preview Dinner,
1951
Box 8
Folder 6
"Report of the Council for the School of Engineering,"
1956
Box 8
Folder 7
49th Street Building--Analysis,
1881
Box 8
Folder 8
Move to Morningside, 1891-1896
Box 8
Folder 9
"Proposed New Laboratories," circa 1940s-1950s
Box 8
Folder 10

Return to top